Friday, February 13, 2009

I Did Poorly On The Quizz - But Look At What I Have Learned



This semester I am enrolled in a college course called Visual Communications in a Digital Age taught by Professor Worth Weller at IPFW University. For the past serveral weeks now I have been learning about the "camera." Even though my camera came with a manual the information is overwhelming. So, this is my reasoning for taking this course so that I may have a better understanding of photography.

As photography is painting with light it is also about visual expressions...using a camera to freeze in time those moments that are soon gone forever. Composition is all about the art of subjective arrangement. Knowing what your subject is and when something catches our interest, the mind tends to focus on only that which has attracted our attending. If we use these same principles when we take the photo then it will be easier to concentrate on the composition (subject.) Learning to use light, composition and to communicate ideas and move from taking “snapshots” to creating exciting photographic images. In fact, I think the single most important step you can take to become a better photographer is learning to see light and learning how to manipulate with both the camera and most recently the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment